Sport Climbing Australia Communications Officer
Location: Work from home
Remuneration: Contract based on award rates
Hours: 5 to 10 hours per week
Sport Climbing Australia is seeking a Communications Officer to join our team. This role provides support to the board and undertakes communications tasks within and outside of the organisation. If you have excellent communications skills and are excited to work in our growing sport, apply now.
The role reports directly to the board.
- Preparation of items for the board meeting - communications report, event update, state reports
- Manage communication with state bodies
- Answer email enquiries, maintain 'Info' email address
- Write media releases under direction
- Prepare and communicate board update to state bodies and other stakeholders where relevant
Skills and Experience Requirements
The following skills and experience are required:
- Excellent Communication skills and professional approach
- Experience in social media communication
- Experience with traditional media relationships - writing press releases, communication around events
- Experience with writing articles, newsletters, PR and communication to members
The following skills and experience are desired:
- Experience in working with sponsors and partners / negotiation skills
- Experience working with a board
- Experience in climbing related communication
- Experience or qualification in marketing or communications
Please send your application by email to email@example.com by the 20th December.